Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Microsoft Access

Microsoft Access is a database system that gives people a place to put and organize a category of specific information. I experimented with the student database template within Microsoft Access. I found that I can organize a list of the students in my class.








If I click on a student name I can fill out more detailed information about my students including, address, phone number, grade level, student ID, ect. I can also include a photo of the student.








There is a tab in which I can include information about the students parents or guardians and include their contact information.








There is also a tab in which you can enter in emergency contact information. This includes a section for the name and number for an emergency contact as well as any medical information relevant to the student including physician name, number, and any allergies or medications that the student may be taking.










The student database may be a useful resource for teachers in organizing student information for a class or a school field trip. Microsoft Access also has other types of databases that include assets, contacts, issues, events, tasks, sales pipeline, faculty, marketing projects, projects, inventory, vehicle maintenance, nutrition, and many others. It is a good program to organize a database of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment